Leading supply chain solutions provider Wincanton today announces that its records management business (WRM) will be partnering with leading UK recycling and renewable energy company Viridor, having won a contract to update its information management system.
This marks the first time that Viridor has outsourced archiving and management of its documents, including thousands of the business’ operating manuals. Having ready access to these documents is vital for Viridor to meet its regulatory requirements and, by partnering with WRM, the business will be able to securely manage its files across all 320 sites in the UK.
WRM will also collaborate with Viridor to digitise its documents as well as developing a robust, tailored and auditable information management programme for the longer term to ensure that all documents are available to support the business whenever they are required.
Alan Cumming, Viridor Engineering Director commented: “Ensuring that we have full control and understanding of our document management system not only ensures that we are able to access documents such as inspection manuals when we, as a business need them, but also means that when regulatory bodies ask us for information we are able to comply with their requests in a timely manner.
By partnering with Wincanton they are able help to help us update our systems and develop best practice procedures.”
Jon Fowler, MD of Wincanton Records Management, commented: “Outsourcing their records for the first time, Viridor required a partner that could guide them through the most suitable information management process and advise on best practice.”
Wincanton Records Management has more than 25 years’ experience in handling sensitive information for its clients and offers unrivalled expertise in helping businesses manage their entire records management lifecycle. The business operates custom-designed premises, a modern transport fleet and is backed up by the resources of Wincanton Plc.
Notes to Editors
- Wincanton Records Management (WRM) has over 25 years’ experience in delivery of records management services and the company prides itself on helping organisations manage hard copy and digital information
- WRM offers a full range of records management services including secure document storage, data protection, secure record destruction and electronic document management
- WRM offers the ideal solution for document storage. By providing off-site storage solutions for both live and archive documents, the company frees up valuable space in customers’ workplace’s which can be better used for business growth activities
- The WRM facilities are equipped with some of the highest standards of security and fire protection in Europe including very early smoke detection (VESDA), in-aisle and in-racking sprinkler systems, secure vaults with gas suppressions and temperature and humidity controlled environments, round-the-clock security, laser beam monitored perimeter fencing, highly sophisticated intruder alarms, dual-door airlock entry, electronic access pass entry and digital motion CCTV including night time visibility
- WRM provides services to a number of industry sectors, including financial services, legal, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, and IT
- WRM is backed by the Wincanton Group, a well-established company specialising in logistics and warehousing, with a history which spans almost 90 years.
Find out more at www.wincantonrm.co.uk
For further information please contact:
Wincanton Records Managment
Sophie Hurrell-Smith, Marketing Manager UK&I 01708 527600
Rosie Park 0117 906 4558 / 07885 899 018
Tom Spencer 0117 906 4551 / 07921 057 162