How everyone can act together to manage risk will be the general theme of a Health and Safety Executive (HSE) presentation at the Freight Transport Association’s forthcoming Safety in Logistics Conference taking place on Wednesday 12 October in London.
The session by Bruno Porter on the HSE’s strategy ‘Helping Great Britain work well’ will cover working together to tackle health issues; managing risks and how we can improve end to end responsibility; future challenges and opportunities to manage risk; and communication.
The conference is sponsored by Brigade Electronics, Volvo Trucks and Lytx DriveCam and supported by IRTE. It is aimed at equipping managers responsible for health and safety within transport and logistics operations with an update on the latest key industry initiatives, best practice advice and enforcement focus areas, highlighting the importance of leadership in transport safety.
Other key sessions include:
- New sentencing guidelines for corporate manslaughter and H&S offences
- Leading Transport Safety
- Enforcement of load security by the Driver and Vehicle Services Agency
- Coupling and uncoupling large goods vehicle trailers – introducing new industry guidance
- Technology and data
- Manual Handling – including the manual handling techniques employed by Olympic weightlifters
- Making the most of vehicle safety systems