Minister for Transport and Islands, Hamza Yousaf and Traffic Commissioner for Scotland, Joan Aitken head the line-up of speakers at FTA Transport Manager sponsored by Iveco which takes place in Dunblane on 1 November.
The Freight Transport Association conference, which is supported by Goodyear Tyres and Microlise, prepares transport managers and those in charge of road transport fleets for the year ahead.
Mr Yousaf will be discussing the Scottish Government’s priorities for the coming year, including investment in freight transport infrastructure, engagement with the logistics industry and environmental and urban access issues.
Traffic Commissioner for Scotland, Joan Aitken will discuss the TCs’ priorities for 2017, regulatory developments, regional issues and the future of Operator Licensing.
A session on avoiding incidents on the highway will be led by Police Scotland and Transport Scotland, who will discuss high wind blow-over incidents and overweight HGVs, the knock-on effects when such incidents occur, and what transport managers and drivers should be doing to avoid them.
Other sessions include:
- The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) on enforcement priorities and OCRS changes
- Industry accreditation and earned recognition
- Enhancing vehicle performance and increasing efficiency
- A demonstration by the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) of its new driver licensing and medical systems
- Brexit – EU legislation, what would you change?
- Leading transport safety
For further information or to book a place, go to http://www.fta.co.uk/events/transport-manager-2016-dunblane-programme.html or call the FTA Member Service Centre on 03717 11 22 22.