Geoff Lippitt, PD Ports’ Business Development Director, said:
“This new service operated by DB Schenker Rail UK will allow us to further develop Teesport’s connections with Scotland and enhance the Port’s transport infrastructure network to the benefit of shipping lines and intermodal customers. It will also provide daily links to European roll on- roll off (ro-ro) and load on- load off (lo-lo) services.
“The recent investment in a dedicated rail terminal at Teesport is part of PD Ports’ wider growth strategy to position the Port as the Northern Gateway for containerised goods destined for the north of the UK. In the last three years we have seen the implementation of a new terminal operating system, the arrival of new RTG cranes and reach stackers as well as significant investment in yard infrastructure.”
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
DB Schenker Rail UK Press Office: +44 (0)1302 575338 Email: [email protected]
Notes to editors:
· DB Schenker Rail UK, the country’s largest rail freight company, runs daily intermodal services across the UK connecting ports, terminals and distribution centres. It also runs daily services via the Channel Tunnel transporting goods to and from Europe.
· Teesport, owned and operated by PD Ports, is the UK’s 3rd largest port by tonnage handling over 40M tonnes per annum. Positioned as one of the largest container ports in the North of England, Teesport has experienced more than 30% growth in container volumes in 2014 against the previous year.
· DB Schenker Rail UK is the UK’s largest rail freight operator, operating over 5,000 trains each week.
· The DB Schenker media centre at www.rail.dbschenker.co.uk/press includes images and a news release archive.
· Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/dbschenkerrail