The shortlisted finalists for the Talent in Logistics Awards 2018, the only event dedicated to recognising and rewarding professionals at every level of learning and development in the transport and logistics industries, are announced today.
Exceptional apprentices, materials handling equipment operators and LGV drivers have been shortlisted, as well as managers, trainers, instructors, training teams and training providers. Finalists are from companies of every size across the supply chain, including several well-known organisations, such as Lidl, Royal Mail, Wilko, Hasbro, Wincanton and Kuehne and Nagel.
See the full list of Talent in Logistics Awards 2018 finalists below.
Finalists have been chosen by a group of expert judges from across the industry, including representatives from BIFA (British International Freight Association), BITA (British Industrial Truck Association), CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport), FLTA (Fork Lift Truck Association), FTA (Freight Transport Association), FSDF, (Food Storage and Distribution Federation), JAUPT (Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training), the National Register of LGV Instructors, RHA (Road Haulage Association) and Think Logistics.
The judging panel also included Editors from event media partners Freight Industry Times, Forkliftaction, Handling & Storage Solutions, SHD Logistics, Training Journal, Transport Operator, Truck and Track and Warehousing Logistics International.
The winners of the Talent in Logistics Awards will be revealed during a black-tie event on 21st June 2018 at the Telford International Centre in the West Midlands. Following a drinks reception and three-course meal, special guest Jeff Stelling, host of Sky Sports Gillette Soccer Saturday, will present the awards.
With after-dinner entertainment from Queen-tribute act Flash, as seen on BBC TV, and attendees from some of the leading organisations in transport and logistics, the Talent in Logistics Awards provide an unrivalled opportunity to network with potential suppliers and customers in a fun and exciting atmosphere. It also provides businesses with a chance to attend with customers, demonstrating their commitment to nurturing future industry talent and thanking them for their business, or to invite their valued team members, rewarding excellence and celebrating together.
To secure tickets for the Talent in Logistics Awards visit www.talentinlogistics.co.uk/buy-tickets/ – limited places are available. Businesses can also book a whole table at the event and benefit from a discounted rate.
The shortlisted finalists for the Talent in Logistics Awards 2018 are:
Apprentice of the Year
• Amy Stevens – Viamaster
• Emily Luff – CEMEX UK Ltd
• Jon Covington – Euro Car Parts Ltd
• Jonathan Poole – Royal Mail
• Sam Smith – Greenshields Cowie & Co. Ltd
Training Manager of the Year
• Johnny Hallsworth – Wincanton
• Lucy Orchiston – Euro Car Parts Ltd
• Nikki Hale – BJB Lift Trucks
• Rob Boughen – Atlas LGV Training
• Steve Rose – Gregory Distribution Ltd
• Su Thomas – Newcroft Training
Training Programme of the Year
• Drive another day – Professional Football Association & Pertemps Driver Training
• Health, Safety and Driver Training Programme – Wincanton
• MHE Training Review 2017 – Unipart
• Logistics Management Development Initiative (LMDI) – Lidl
• Terrorism Risk & Incident Prevention (TRIP) CPC training – Fleet Source
Training Team of the Year
• David Watson
• FLT Training – Birmingham Tea
• Health, Safety, Driver Training & Development Team (Co-op Contract) – Wincanton
• T2 Training- Euro Car Parts Ltd
• Warehouse Training Team – Retail Logistics – Wincanton
H&S Leader of the Year
• Beverley Knight – Palletforce
• Chris Bradley – Dawsongroup Temperature Control Solutions Ltd
• Fahad Al-Raba’ani – Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)
• Jennifer Flaherty – Wincanton
Forklift Operator of the Year – sponsored by UniCarriers UK Ltd.
• Anthony Murray – Cleland McIver
• Craig Colbeck – PPG
• Craig Powell – PPG
• Dale Smith – Wilko Retail Ltd
• Darren Field – Wilko Retail Ltd
• David Tyrell – Wilko Retail Ltd
• Gerald Clinton – Lyreco
• Janet Gladwin – Wilko Retail Ltd
• Joseph Wilson – Wincanton B&Q
• Kris Scarborough – Wilko Retail Ltd
• Leighton Hughes – Hasbro
• Lewis Walton – Lloyd Ltd
• Matthew Vassallo – Hasbro
• Michael Hunt – Wilko Retail Ltd
• Nuno Tomas – Shoreline Engineering
• Paul Wood – CD Medical
• Peter Friston
• Robbie Wilson – Aggreko
• Samantha Tyson – PPG
• Steve Wells – Hasbro
Forklift Instructor of the Year
• Andrew Blatch – Elliott
• Antony Smith – UK Industries Training
• Gavin Layer – Kuehne + Nagel
• James Bell – Chris Sales FLT Training
• Kenneth Saward – Mentor Training
• Mark Dobson – Ceva Logistics
• Paul Lumb – Wincanton
• Richard Clayton – RTC Training
• Simon Harvey – Wincanton
• Stephen Reynard – Cofresco Operations UK
• Sue Massey – SIM Training Services Ltd
• Tom Williams – Wiltshire Transport Training Ltd
LGV Driver of the Year – sponsored by Kuehne + Nagel Driver Academy
• Daniel Babong – Alan Firmin Ltd
• Paul Ibbotson – Matthew Kibble Transport Ltd
• Tony McCafferty – Murphy Plant Ltd
LGV Instructor of the Year
• Charlie Ballam – SCF Driver Training
• Golman Gurung – Mainstream
• Jamie King – Wiltshire Transport Training Ltd
• Nicky Hanson – 2 Start Ltd
• Nigel Irwin – Ken Irwin Class One Driver Training
Driver CPC Instructor of the Year
• Jeff Cairns – System Group
• Kevin Gibson – Specialist Training & Consultancy Services Ltd
• Michael Ferran – Transport Consulting Company
• Nigel Monk – Specialist Training & Consultancy Services Ltd
• Ross Lockett – Advance Logistics Support
Warehouse Manager of the Year – sponsored by Linde Sterling Ltd.
• Marc Cowan – Dolphin International
• Mark Briscoe – Unipart Logistics
• Scott Seedhouse – Euro Car Parts
Forklift Training Provider of the Year
• 2 Start Ltd
• FLT Training Ltd
• Phoenix Training
• Small Training Solutions
• Stackers Training
Driver CPC Training Provider of the Year
• Driver Hire Training
• JK Transport
• JM Trucking Ltd
• Pertemps Driver Training
LGV Driver Training Provider of the Year – sponsored by Pertemps Driver Training Ltd.
• 2 Start Ltd
• Goldstar Transport
• Ken Irwin Class One
• Martin’s Driver Training
Transport Manager of the Year
• Andrea Gardner – Bullet Express
• Mark Tolley – Guess Express Transport
Lifetime Contribution Award 2018
• Andy Kaye – Bis Henderson Group
• Dave Brazier – Euro Car Parts Ltd
• David Cormack – System Group Ltd
• Les Steers – Martin’s Driver Training
For more information, visit www.talentinlogistics.co.uk, email [email protected], or call +44(0)1952 520 216.
Key Event Information:
Talent in Logistics, 21st June 2018, Telford International Centre, St Quentin Gate, Telford, TF3 4JH.
Conference and Exhibition: 09.00 – 15.30
Awards: 18.30 – 01.00
To register, enter the awards or buy awards tickets, visit www.talentinlogistics.co.uk
About Talent in Logistics
“Talent in Logistics” is a unique annual event dedicated to the training, development and retention of the 2.2m+ people working in logistics, incorporating both a Conference and Awards.
No other event is dedicated exclusively to the development of people in logistics, making it an unmissable event for LGV and Materials Handling Equipment Trainers, Learning and Development (L&D) Managers, HR Managers, Transport Managers, Health & Safety Managers and Commercial Training Organisations who care about their own professional development and procuring quality training for their business.
Talent in Logistics is organised by Capitb, which also owns workplace transport training regulatory body RTITB and the new National Register of LGV Instructors (NRI).